- ALTANA / BYK in Wesel had its supplier performance audited by the international EcoVadis group and received the silver rating.
- ALTANA received the bronze medal of the German Stevie Awards in the category “Company of the Year – Other industries."
- In the Germany-wide employer study Career’s Best Recruiters, ALTANA finished in first place in the general rating and in first place in the chemical industry.
- ELANTAS PDG was voted the top employer in the St. Louis region by the readers of a regional newspaper for the third time.
- ALTANA made further progress in climate protection. The Group almost reached the CO2 reduction target it set itself for 2015 despite acquisitions of companies with energy-intensive production processes.
- ALTANA almost reached the occupational safety targets it set itself. Three companies have had no work-related accidents for more than six years: BYK Tongling, ECKART Zhuhai, and ELANTAS Pimpri. ECKART in Painesville, Pori, and Wackersdorf, ACTEGA Foshan, and ACTEGA Rhenacoat have not had any accidents for more than three years.
- With the ProvaMed brand, ACTEGA advanced its portfolio of plasticizer-free thermoplastic elastomers for medical and cosmetics packaging.
- ELANTAS Europe is now offering its customers a benzopinacol product as an alternative to peroxide. The material initiates curing of coatings.
- As a replacement for the solvent N-Methylpyrrolidone (NMP), which is toxic to reproduction, BYK has used amide esters and amide ethers in a group of rheology additives since 2015. The development was awarded the in-house BYK Advance innovation prize.
- ELANTAS Europe gained OHSAS 18001 certification at all three of its Italian sites.
- BYK in Wesel was the first Group company to achieve Operational Health Management certification (OHM), receiving the “Excellent” seal.
- ELANTAS Beck India offers its employees in production a health check every six months; all other employees can undergo the examination once a year.
- Within the framework of its Vital Program, BYK-Cera enables employees at both of its sites to undergo group and individual training with an ergotherapist.
- In the year under review, ALTANA began operating three environmentally friendly CHP plants, at its Ascoli and Hartenstein sites.
- ECKART’s new thermal afterburning facility at its U.S. site in Schererville reduces CO2 emissions by
4,000 tons a year.
- Based on the definition of the German Chemical Industry Association (VCI), ALTANA had 17 significant incidents in 2015, including two fires, a deflagration, and 14 cases where chemicals were released. Five employees sustained injuries. In eleven cases, no harm was done to people or the environment because the substances were caught in sumps or tanks installed specifically for such incidents (“secondary containment”).
- Due to an acquisition in 2013, the company’s water consumption is well above the forecast in relation to gross value added.
- In the Netherlands, ALTANA was fined 50,000 euros. The reason was an incident in 2011.