The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of around 2.7 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ more than 6,700 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
BYK Additives & Instruments is one of the world’s leading suppliers in the field of additives and measuring instruments. Around the world, the additives of BYK ensure that coatings and plastics obtain precisely the desired properties and the correct quality.
Your task structure
Accurately and safely perform all packaging and material handling procedures and operations in an orderly manner in the production area. Assist in product manufacturing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow procedures for all product packaging
- Maintain organization of raw material and supply inventories
- Unload incoming raw material bulk shipments
- Move products and raw materials between production and warehousing areas
- Maintain communication with other plant personnel in regard to their job progress
- Maintain organization and neatness of plant yard
- In accordance with production schedule, supply heating shed with appropriate raw materials
- Monitor and handle hazardous waste containers in accordance with procedures
- Assist in manufacturing procedures
- Must successfully complete appropriate D.O.T. Hazmat training
- Participates in emergency response as defined in the program and training capability
- Must successfully complete RCRA training according to job function and the regulations
- Establish and maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Follows emergency response procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
Your recipe for success
- High School diploma or equivalency
- Able to accurately read and execute manufacturing procedures
- Must be able to read and write English
- Good problem-solving ability
- Excellent math aptitude
Knowledge & Skills:
- Mechanical – Being aware of the basic mechanics involved with all the systems and equipment used in the plant/facility
- Chemical – Knowledge of basic chemistry and its production applications
- Procedural – Understanding our procedures and our procedural format
- Mechanical Aptitude – The ability to adeptly utilize the equipment. This includes forklifts, valves, vacuum systems, cooling/heating systems, pumps and various other items and systems
- Trainability – This skill demonstrated by how quickly and thoroughly procedures and equipment are learned
- Physical Skill – to be able to correctly lift/move heavy objects utilizing all the best ergonomic techniques
- Medical, Dental Vision- Participation within the first 30 days of employment
- Company paid Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Competitive Bonus Potential
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) with employer match
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction.
We invite you to get to know us better and to become part of our team. Discover your career plus in specialty chemistry. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job number: US00582
Legal entity: BYK USA Inc.
Location: Chester, NY
Area of operations: Produktion / Fertigung