The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of more than 2.2 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ about 6,500 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
BYK Additives & Instruments is one of the world’s leading suppliers in the field of additives and measuring instruments. Around the world, the additives of BYK ensure that coatings and plastics obtain precisely the desired properties and the correct quality.
End Use Manager – Special Coatings
Your task structure
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development and implementation of the strategy for End use Special Coatings in NA based on the global End use strategy.
- Development and implementation of the strategy for Key Accounts active in the End use Special Coatings, in close cooperation with Key Account Managers and based on the global End use strategy
- Identification of business growth opportunities together with sales team and KA managers
- Monitoring market trends, sales and competitive activity
- Support the Special Coatings customers in NA with regular communication and joint sales visits (virtual and in person when possible).
- Technical support for Key Accounts and strategic customers (S, A customers)
- Support and technical training of distributors
- Introduction of new products and technical training of technical service lab and sales team
- Coordination of customer related activities with the BYK sales team and the technical service team, e.g., technical discussions, problem solving, product recommendations, joint projects, seminars, technical service work in BYK´s technical service lab
- Close cooperation with the technical service laboratory, including regular visits in the lab and technical contact person for the lab team
- Monitoring of the product portfolio of the End use Special Coatings in NA, including introduction of new ideas for product developments
- Delivering product and theory lectures to customers and related technical societies
- Closely interacting with the Global Head of End use Special Coatings and the Global End use Manager Powder Coatings in strategic, technical, research and customer related topics
- Leading End use Specialists - Powder Coatings and General Industrial Coatings
Your recipe for success
- Communicate effectively with customers and co-workers
- Visit at least 1X per year the BYK Labs in Germany (training, End use Meetings)
- Must be able to drive a car and fly on a plane, coping with conditions of extensive, international and overnight travel
- Able to speak technically about the respective markets
- Provide technical presentations.
- Stay relevant within the NA General Industrial, Coil, Can and Powder Coatings industry/market; and, stay connected with key industry trade organizations and events like: NCCA, ACS
- Knowledgeable of the End use Special Coatings customer(s) and their markets served
- Aptitude to identify market needs or development opportunities of new additives in order to support strategic sales growth for BYK in the NA Special coatings additive market
- Technical background in the respective field
- College degree required
- Previous experience in General Industrial Coatings and, if possible, also in Can Coatings, Coil Coatings and/or powder Coatings
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction.
We invite you to get to know us better and to become part of our team. Discover your career plus in specialty chemistry. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs or to: email@example.com
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job number: US00499
Legal entity: BYK USA Inc.
Location: Region USA/Kanada/Mexiko
Area of operations: Marketing & Vertrieb allgemein