The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of around 2.7 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ more than 6,700 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
BYK Additives & Instruments is one of the world’s leading suppliers in the field of additives and measuring instruments. Around the world, the additives of BYK ensure that coatings and plastics obtain precisely the desired properties and the correct quality.
Maintenance Mechanic Supervisor
Your task structure
Performs mechanical, electrical, and general maintenance duties on plant, warehouse, and office facilities. Supervises maintenance mechanics and/or helpers in the execution of the above functions.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Awareness of hazardous waste requirements
- Follows emergency response procedures
- Responsible for environmental compliance (i.e., spill reporting, hazardous waste inspection)
- Must successfully complete appropriate D.O.T. Hazmat training
- Participates in emergency response as defined in the program and training capability
- Must successfully complete RCRA training according to job function and the regulations
- Trained to understand concepts and requirements of Process Safety Management and how the program is relevant to the BYK plant
- Supervises maintenance mechanics and/or helpers
- Responsibility for execution of PM programs and maintaining records of repairs/modifications to facilities and equipment
- Performs all duties of Maintenance Mechanic, including repairs to equipment, preventative maintenance, electrical repairs and installation, piping repairs, fabrication and installation, equipment installations
Your recipe for success
- High School Diploma
- 7+ years of maintenance experience
- Proficient in all types of welding
- Skilled pipe filter – measurement, layout, fabrication, installation
- Basic trade skills, i.e., carpentry, masonry
- Working knowledge of pumps, compressors, steam boilers, electrical equipment and circuitry
- Good supervisory and communication skills
- Good mechanical abilities and aptitude
- Must be available to perform emergency repairs when required and respond to call-ins
- Employee will be required to lift 75# ladders and carry them at least 40 feet (frequently)
- Employee will be required to lift 100# from floor to 4 inches to move charge pumps onto a pallet (occasionally)
- Employee will be required to lift 75# between floor and shoulder heights to perform various tasks requiring maintenance, including pipe fitting
- Employee will be required to perform the following tasks frequently: overhead reaching, bending, squatting, stair climbing, ladder climbing, crawling, kneeling, and, stooping
- Employee will be required to perform fine motor activities including nut/bolt manipulation, using a screwdriver, and wiring
- Employee will be required to work in confined spaces
- Provides leadership for establishing and maintaining a safe work environment. Proactively addresses and corrects all unsafe behaviors and conditions.
- Must remain clean shaven and be capable of wearing SCBA and other types of respirators
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction.
We invite you to get to know us better and to become part of our team. Discover your career plus in specialty chemistry. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job number: US00534
Legal entity: BYK USA Inc.
Location: Gonzales, TX
Area of operations: Betriebstechnik / Instandhaltung