The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of more than 2.2 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ about 6,500 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
BYK Additives & Instruments is one of the world’s leading suppliers in the field of additives and measuring instruments. Around the world, the additives of BYK ensure that coatings and plastics obtain precisely the desired properties and the correct quality.
Your task structure
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installs, maintains, and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures and piping in commercial or industrial establishments.
- Lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Installs and repairs automated machinery and equipment such as robots.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathe, grinder, drill, and milling machine to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures, and tools.
- Operate welding and cutting torch equipment in the design and fabrication of metal parts and pipe.
- Fabricates and repairs counters, benches, partitions, and other wooden structures.
Your recipe for success
- Education: Must possess a High School diploma or equivalent.
- 5 to 10 years experience in maintenance (industrial preferred).
- Must have working knowledge of Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems, Power Transmissions, Preventative Maintenance Programs and Basic Rebuilds.
- Must have experience in Installation, and Repairs of Industrial Machinery and Equipment.
- Must have experience in Installing and Maintaining Industrial Piping Systems.
- Must be able to operate cutting torch and welding equipment.
- Must be able to operate a forklift, man lift and lifting devices.
- Basic computer knowledge and ability to read blueprints and schematics.
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs and lift 50 lbs.
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction.
We invite you to get to know us better and to become part of our team. Discover your career plus in specialty chemistry. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs or to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job number: US00430
Legal entity: BYK USA Inc.
Location: Louisville, KY
Area of operations: Betriebstechnik / Instandhaltung