The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of around 2.7 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ more than 6,700 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
BYK Additives & Instruments is one of the world’s leading suppliers in the field of additives and measuring instruments. Around the world, the additives of BYK ensure that coatings and plastics obtain precisely the desired properties and the correct quality.
Your task structure
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read, comprehend and execute batch records.
- Read, comprehend and execute Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Read, comprehend and execute machine operation instructions.
- Read, comprehend, and strictly adhere to Safety Procedures.
- Read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Operate all equipment safely and efficiently as required.
- Attend and participate in all Company training sessions as required.
- Comprehend and apply safety information presented in Company training sessions.
- Comprehend and apply regulatory compliance information presented in Company training sessions.
- Comprehend and apply operational training information presented during Company training sessions.
- Work four ten (10) hour days per week and additional overtime as required by the supervisor.
- Review and recommend process changes to improve safety, quality, yield, and/or cycle time.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records to guarantee precise inventory control and product security.
- Comply with Quality Control procedures for tracking of raw materials, in-process samples, and finished products.
- Comply with all Company safety rules, work rules, policies and procedures.
- Maintain work area to meet sanitation standards of Company.
- Perform functions safely and timely as directed by supervisor.
1st shift: 6am to 4:30pm, Monday-Thursday.
Friday and Saturday overtime is 6am to 2:30pm.
Both schedules have ½ hour unpaid lunch.
2nd shift: 4pm to 2:30am, Monday-Thursday.
Friday and Saturday overtime is 2pm to 10:30pm.
Both schedules have ½ hour unpaid lunch.
Your recipe for success
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Practical knowledge of Safety Principles for handling chemicals.
- Mechanical aptitude required.
- Must possess ability to read and speak English.
- Must be able to read, comprehend and follow directions.
- Must possess attention to detail and accuracy.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Machine Operation
- Able to lift 75 pounds
- Able to read and comprehend written work instructions and SOP’s.
- Able to wear a respirator and pass a respirator fit test.
- Medical, Dental Vision- Participation within the first 30 days of employment
- Company paid Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Competitive Bonus Potential
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) with employer match
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction.
We invite you to get to know us better and to become part of our team. Discover your career plus in specialty chemistry. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job number: US00578
Legal entity: BYK USA Inc.
Location: Earth City
Area of operations: Produktion / Fertigung