The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of more than 2.2 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ about 6,500 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
BYK is one of the world’s leading suppliers in the field of additives and measuring instruments in the coating, ink and plastics industry and provides surface gloss and scratch resistance. Our innovative power and global closeness to our customers make us a top partner and stay ahead of competition.
Process Safety Expert (m/f/d)
Your task structure
- Set up and implement BYK global standards for Process Safety in accordance with regional legal requirements of USA, China, EU (e. g. OSHA, MSHA, SEVESO Directive)
- Establishment of global technical standards for process design for new plants and modifications to existing plants
- Harmonization of local procedures and processes based on the global BYK guidelines
- Implementation of a globally accepted process for conducting process hazard analysis (HAZOP, LOPA, PAAG, ROGA, SIL)
- Improve the exchange of knowledge between sites with similar production processes
- Verifying the proper implementation of safety standards worldwide through audits, participation in incident investigations, process hazard analysis, etc.
Your recipe for success
- Master in Chemical or Process Engineering or a comparable education
- At least 5 years of experiences in tasks related to global process safety
- Experience in project management, also in virtual environment
- Experienced in dealing with different cultures, decentralized structures and matrix organizations
- Strong knowledge of Process-Safety-related regulations, at least Central Europe or US
- Strong interpersonal skills with positive attitude and ability to inspire others
- Very high level of communication and presentation skills as well as service orientation
- Ability to solve conflicts in diverse group settings
- Very high level of written and spoken English and German, additional foreign language skills are advantageous
- Readiness to travel (global) on average 25-35%
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction. BYK-Chemie offers you a lot of advantages. They include a wide range of tasks with enough room for development, constructive open-mindedness towards new developments and approaches, an attractive salary with good employee benefits and pension plans, a lifetime account and flexible working hours with flextime and an impressive compensation, a canteen offering a balanced variety food and drink, and parking spaces in sufficient quantity on our company grounds.
We invite you to get to know us better and to become part of our team. Discover your career plus in specialty chemistry. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs.
BYK-Chemie GmbH | Michael Holsteg | HR | Tel. +49 281 670 - 26016
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job number: 60003372
Legal entity: BYK-Chemie GmbH
Area of operations: EH&S