The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of around 2.7 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ more than 6,700 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
BYK Additives Limited based in Widnes is a leading manufacturer of specialty chemicals, supplying additives to the coatings, consumer care, oil field and other specialty markets. The site has been the home of inorganic chemical manufacture since 1923 and has been part of the BYK Division of ALTANA AG, a privately owned speciality chemicals company, since 2013.
Location: Widnes, Permanent, Full time role
Your task structure
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Project Engineer to join our team here at the BYK UK Widnes Site. The role sits within the process and project engineering team. Working integrally with other members of the team, the role encompasses leading the development and execution of projects whilst also providing engineering support to operations as required.
- Providing the lead in site project initiation, scoping, project management and execution. This will involve the management of both internal and external resource from initial concept to commissioning and handover. Applicants will be expected to discuss the details of their project management experience in their career to date, demonstrating achievements and experience in this area.
- Supporting operations with engineering development and improvements.
The Project Engineer is one of a team of engineers (a combination of staff and contract resource), reporting through to the Process Engineering and projects team leader.
This role offers the exciting and rewarding opportunity to be part of a site that has investment plans to develop and execute a range of projects to enhance the sites sustainability and develop new products.
Your recipe for success
- Simultaneously managing several projects from concept through to commissioning and handover to plant operations.
- Proactively working with multiple disciplines to ensure consistency in the design, development and execution of projects to meet the desired objectives.
- Developing project plans and executing projects to a high quality, on time and within budget.
- Managing projects directly while also working with and managing Engineering, Procurement and Construction contractors to achieve project milestones and objectives.
- Ensure delivery of all project deliverables is to the high quality standards desired at each stage of the project lifecycle.
- Identifying, highlighting and mitigating risks throughout the life of a project.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
The successful applicant will: -
- Likely be a degree qualified chemical or mechanical engineer from an IChemE or IMechE Accredited University.
- Have a minimum of three years’ experience in project development and execution within the chemical manufacturing industry.
- Be a pro-active hands-on mentality comfortable interacting at all levels in the organisation.
- Have strong interpersonal skills, enthusiasm and ambition to be part of a successful team.
- Be a result focused individual who will challenge others.
- Possess drive, determination and resilience and show an ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Have a flexible approach to work supporting business requirements.
- Excellent communication skills including fluency in English (both written and oral).
- Be able to demonstrate a good understanding of relevant EHS legislation.
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction. BYK Additives UK Ltd offers you a lot of advantages. They include the opportunity to work within a dynamic team in a successful business, a competitive salary and benefits package, the Participation in site bonus scheme and the company pension scheme after a qualifying period, generous annual holiday entitlement as well as excellent development opportunities.
We invite you to get to know us better and to discover your own personal special side of life. Please send us your application, preferably via our job market www.altana.jobs. For further information, please contact:
Marilyn Sedman, HR Assistant, BYK Additives Ltd., Tel +44 (0) 151 495 9982.
For further information on the company, visit our website at www.byk.com
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job number: AW00188
Legal entity: BYK Additives Ltd. (UK)
Area of operations: Produktion / Fertigung