The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of more than 2.2 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ about 6,500 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
The ELANTAS division manufactures innovative insulating materials for the electrical and electronics industry and ensures that electricity flows safely. They are found in electric motors, household appliances, cars, generators, transformers, capacitors, digital cameras, wind mills, computers, lamps, circuit boards, and sensors, and help to ensure that product design engineers can construct ever smaller and more powerful electronic devices, thus saving materials and energy.
The Technical Service Representative is a critical role in the delivery of our value promise to our existing and evolving customer base.
- Acts as the first point of contact and provides a link between the customer and the appropriate departments within our company on technically related matters.
- In coordination with the commercial representative represents the primary point of contact and resolution to our customers
- Provides support to the customers and works with the resources at the company to resolve issues that may occur.
- Promotes our company to the industry and to our customers.
- Assists in the development of new products and processes.
- Provides support through all necessary and appropriate communication methods.
Technical Service Representative
Your task structure
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Proposes changes to products and/or services that result in cost reductions and increased sales.
- Visits customers to gather information, diagnose product problems, and provide technical solutions.
- Responds to customer inquiries in a timely manner for information and complaints.
- Interfaces between R&D, Sales and Customers.
- Represents Company at Trade shows.
- Organizes and implements testing of products for known or suspected problems.
- Communicates questions/problems to other internal groups for follow-up, as appropriate.
- Communicates regularly with the Research & Development, Sales & Marketing, Customer Service and Quality Services departments in areas of product testing, product failures, new product development, and product quality.
- Monitors quality issues from input by sales/service, customers, and other external or internal sources.
- Provide technical support needed to assist the Commercial Group including customer visits when required. This includes providing samples, formats and current information as necessary.
- Regularly report and review with management the status of the tasks and projects within areas of responsibility.
- Assist in the preparation of reports detailing technical problems to initiate necessary corrective product modifications and/or recommended manufacturing process changes.
- Assist in maintaining ISO/TS 16949:2002 certification as required.
- Assist the organization to create a safe and healthy working environment by working safely, using equipment provided and following instructions given for health and safety purposes and immediately reporting any unsafe working practices or hazardous working conditions.
- Business growth with new and current product offerings with existing and new customers.
- Participation in industry-related forums to promote ELANTAS technology.
- Customer visits to support commercial objectives and growth.
- Measure of successful completion vs requests received.
Your recipe for success
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required or Preferred:
- 4-year Bachelor Degree in related technical discipline
- Minimum of 3 years related experience, preferably with automotive and electronic adhesives
- Requires comprehensive knowledge of all ELANTAS products; their technology, sales, service and applications.
- Excellent oral and written English communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all relevant internal and external stakeholders in an international business environment.
- Driven, self-motivated individual
- Be flexible, proactive and be self-disciplined
- Sensitive to cultural differences
- Good interpersonal skills and result orientation
- Ability to perform multiple tasks at any given time
- Ability to demonstrate and foster safe working behavior in the team
- Must be able to drive a car and fly on a plane, coping with conditions of extensive,
international and overnight travel.
- Must be able to work with company policies, guidelines, procedures, systems, processes and tools
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction.
ELANTAS PDG, Inc. offers you a lot of advantages. They include pleasant-sized operations where employees get to know each other personally and exchange ideas, extensive interdepartmental initial training, short information and decision-making paths, comprehensive further education and training offers, ﬂexible working hours with ﬂextime, and impressive compensation with good employee beneﬁts and pension plans.
We invite you to get to know us better and to become part of our team. Discover your career plus in specialty chemistry. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs.
Jeff Pattison- Head of Human Resources, ELANTAS PDG, Inc., Tel. (314)-622-8745
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job number: US00411
Legal entity: ELANTAS PDG, Inc.
Location: St. Louis, MO
Area of operations: Forschung & Entwicklung allgemein