Application - What you should know
Here, you will find tips for your application. For example, you will discover what is particularly important to our colleagues from the department and human resources, what documents you need to provide during the application process, and how you can best prepare yourself for a job interview.
You have applied for a job at ALTANA and your interview is forthcoming? With good preparation you will be ideally equipped for the job interview.
- View your personal interview as something that promotes mutual acquaintance.
- Inform yourself in advance about ALTANA as an employer and about the tasks and working environment at the company so that your questions can be clarified during the interview and in order to show interest.
- Be authentic and stress your competencies, ideally by giving examples. However, do not hesitate to address certain areas where there is also room for development – this is human and we would like to get to know you!
- Show interest by beeing curios
- Active listening
- Tip from an apprentice regarding appropriate dress code at the interview: “What’s important is that you feel comfortable and don’t disguise yourself.” You can find out more here.
- Focus on things you can do particularly well.
- What distinguishes you from others?
- Prior to the job interview, think about examples from your career so far or from your free time / social commitment where you acquired these strengths or have already implemented them successfully.
- In your letter of motivation / CV mention e.g. exceptional hobbies. This will make your conversation partner curious.
- Tip from an apprentice: “Ask your friends and family.” You can find out more here.
- Networking is a decisive action to strengthen the impact you make.
- Good networking possibilities are offered e.g. by company events, open houses, career fairs, or professional social networks.
- Slowly feel your way forward.
- Practice makes perfect!
Here you will find your answers concerning our application process and job openings.
Questions concerning our job openings or applications in general
Please use our Job Alert which will keep you informed on our new job openings via e-mail. To do so, please enter your search criteria as well as your e-mail address in the provided mask. You can also choose the frequency of e-mails and the duration of the Job Alert.
The requirements for a specific job can be found in the job opening. It does not matter if you are a high school student, a university student, an entrant or a professional, the chemistry must be right! The best applicant does not always have to be the one with the best marks.
Most decisive is how you can contribute to give us new impetus. That is why it is important to us that besides your specialist qualifications you also have social competences. Such social competences are communication skills, team-orientation, willingness to learn and strong motivation as well as flexibility and openness to criticism.
Questions concerning the application process and application documents
The presentation of our application plattform is only optimized for the following browser versions:
|Internet Explorer:||Version 8 und 9|
|Firefox:||Version 3.5 und 3.6|
|Safari (Mac):||Version 6|
If our application plattform is not displayed correctly on your pc/device please use one of the stated browser versions to create a user account at ALTANA and to apply online.
The number of documents which can be attached to your online application depends on the respective job, but the maximum of eight attachments cannot be exceeded. Please notice that each of your attachments may not exceed a size of max. 5120 KB, while the total of your attachments may not exceed 10 MB.
The following formats are supported:
.bmp, .doc, .gif, .jpeg, .jpg, .odt, .pdf, .png, .rtf, .tif, .tiff, .text, .txt, .xls, .docx, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx, .sxw, .wpd
Questions concerning unsolicited applications
Please provide us with detailed information concerning your preferred period of time, location and your preferred areas of operation in your cover letter. We look forward to receiving your application!
Questions concerning internships
Yes, we also want to provide students, who have not gained practical experience yet, with the possibility of doing so at ALTANA. Professional orientation as well as the exploration of a certain area of work should be the primary aim. In case of published job openings please notice the requirements ("Your recipe for success") which are stated in the job opening.
As Fair Company we committed ourselves to offer internships with the aim of gaining professional orientation and to refuse to exploit interns. Therefore as registered (niversity student or as a student between bachelor and master you are welcome to spend your internship at ALTANA. As a Fair Company we do not hire university graduates as interns.
We recommend internships with a duration of three to six months. This is the best possibility to get to know us properly. Furthermore, after your introductory training you will be able to take responsibility over your own tasks and to work on small projects independently. Of course we also offer internships with a shorter duration in individual cases.
Questions concerning the payment of internships, students who write their theses and apprenticeships
Interns who stay at least four weeks get paid according to the salary of apprentices in their first year (approx. 894 Euro/month). From the fourth month on we pay the statutory minimum wage.
If you have already completed an apprenticeship of a similar subject area before the start of your internship we will pay the statutory minimum wage straight from the beginning.
ALTANA takes your privacy rights seriously. Personal data in the "database" will be treated strictly confidential and will only be treated as set out herein. The obligations and provisions set out in the EC Directive 95/46 on Personal Data and all other applicable data protection laws shall be respected in full. We shall not sell or trade any of your personal data to third parties.
If you have any questions in relation to this statement, please contact our data protection officer who shall be your contact person for all privacy and data protection issues: Privacy Officers of the ALTANA Group.
Detailed information on the "Privacy Statement and Conditions of Use" can be found here.