St. Louis, MO - ELANTAS PDG, Inc. (formerly The P. D. George Co.) unveiled a new, state-of-the-art $11 million blending facility at their 20-acre facility located in north St. Louis City. Dr. Susan W. Graham, President & CEO of ELANTAS PDG, Inc. officiated at the dedication ceremony attended by the Honorable Francis Slay, mayor of St. Louis and Dr. Wolfgang Schütt, President of ELANTAS Electrical Division, along with other invited officials, customers, suppliers and employees.
In her speech at the dedication ceremony, Graham commented that the new facility "demonstrates the commitment of our parent company ALTANA to ELANTAS PDG, Inc., to the St. Louis manufacturing community and to the electrical insulation industry. " The new building represents the largest investment made by ELANTAS PDG's parent company, ALTANA AG, in their ELANTAS Electrical Insulation Division.
The new facility will position ELANTAS PDG to be a world class leader in operations, environmental stewardship and employee safety. The new facility began limited operations in September and is anticipated to be fully functioning by the end of 2008.
Pictured from L to R: Dr. Wolfgang Schütt, President ELANTAS Electrical Insulation,
Dr. Susan W. Graham, President & CEO ELANTAS PDG, Inc.,
Mayor Francis Slay, Honorable Mayor of the City of St. Louis
ABOUT ELANTAS PDG
ELANTAS PDG, INC., (formerly The P.D. George Company) founded in 1919 and based in St. Louis, Missouri, is a premier global supplier of specialty resins for applications in the electrical and electronic industries and is a pioneer in the development of Primary and Secondary Insulation as well as Electronic & Engineering Material technologies. ELANTAS PDG has been at their current location in North St. Louis City since 1934. In 1996, The P.D. George Company was acquired by ALTANA AG, a specialty chemical company headquartered in Wesel Germany, and became part of the ALTANA Electrical Insulation Division. In May 2007, the division was renamed to ELANTAS Electrical Insulation and the St. Louis Company became known as ELANTAS PDG, Inc.
Here you will find more information.