• Outstanding precision: Industry-grade Cubic Ink® printing material families, including unprecedented heat resistance for manufacturer-independent use on 3D inkjet printers
• Multi–material capability for maximum productivity: A wide variety of printing materials can be processed using the continuous Multi–material Jetting process
• Three Cubic Ink® ink families: High Performance, Prototyping, and Support Materials
The subject of sustainability in product development has enjoyed a high status in almost all areas of the economy for several years. In addition to the product's direct properties and effects, questions related to environmental impact, chemical basis and energy consumption frequently also play a significant role.
These days, a world without plastic products is inconceivable. Regardless of whether they are in automobiles, floor coverings, wind turbines, or toothbrushes – plastics are useful everyday companions for us humans.
ALTANA achieved double-digit growth in the first half of 2021. In the first six months of the year, the specialty chemicals group’s sales rose by 24 percent to 1,334 million euros compared to the same period of the previous year (1,078 million euros), which was significantly influenced by the coronavirus pandemic.
Specialty chemicals company ALTANA has received a credit line from the European Investment Bank (EIB). The company, headquartered in Wesel, Germany, will be able to use up to €200 million for research and development over the next ten years.
ALTANA focuses on sustainability: The specialty chemicals company has secured a new revolving credit facility (a credit line with a maximum amount for a defined term) from an international banking consortium. This provides ALTANA with 250 million euros over the next five to seven years, which the Group can draw on as needed, for example for growth projects or investments.
• World’s largest and most versatile Flexshuttle facility naugurated
• Significant time-to-market advantage for customers
• BYK doubles capacity in application technology
• Ca. 15-million-euro investment
• Sales of 2,178 million euros, 3 percent below the previous year’s level
• ACTEGA division grows by 9 percent
• EBITDA increases by 2 percent to 426 million euros
• Research and development spending remains at a high level
• CO2 footprint reduced by 50 percent
• Forecast for 2021: growth in the course of economic recovery
The specialty chemicals group ALTANA has completed the acquisition of the business of TLS Technik GmbH & Co. Spezialpulver KG, thus strategically expanding its ECKART division. TLS, based in Bitterfeld, Germany, has more than 25 years of experience and is one of the leading international specialists in the production of high‑quality metal powders for industrial 3D printing.
As first specialty chemicals manufacturer worldwide, BYK now has in its portfolio an additive with Germanischer Lloyd certification: BYK-C 8001. This means manufacturers of wind turbines can use the polymer coupling agent without further testing in their glass fiber reinforced epoxy resin systems – an important element in resource efficiency on the globally booming market for wind power.