Dr. Christian Przybyla (51) will become Chairman of the Management Board of ECKART GmbH, based in Hartenstein near Nuremberg, Germany, on March 1, 2021, and will thus also take over the global management of ECKART, one of the four divisions of the specialty chemicals group ALTANA.
• Expansion of ALTANA’s ECKART division with innovative solutions for metal-based 3D printing
• Acquisition of the business of the internationally leading TLS Technik GmbH & Co. Spezialpulver KG with high-performance metal powders for 3D printing
• Acquisition of the British specialist AMT for alloy development in 3D printing and its patented special alloy A20X for lightweight components
• Sales decrease by nearly 7 percent to 1,078 million euros
• EBITDA margin reaches 18.7 percent
• Company continues to invest in the future; worldwide conversion to CO2-neutral power supply already implemented
• Forecast for the year as a whole: single-digit decline in sales
Dr. Matthias L. Wolfgruber new Chairman - The Supervisory Board of the specialty chemicals group ALTANA has reconstituted itself. The Supervisory Board elected Dr. Matthias L. Wolfgruber, who has been a member of the Supervisory Board of ALTANA AG since March 2016, as its new chairman.
Dr. Tammo Boinowitz (53) will become managing director of BYK-Chemie GmbH based in Wesel as of January 1, 2021. After a two-month training and transitional phase, he will also become the President of BYK, the largest division of the specialty chemicals group ALTANA.
• Sales of € 2,249 million, nearly 3 percent below the strong level of the previous year
• EBITDA reaches € 416 million
• Research and development expanded further, R&D expenditure increased by 7 percent
• High investments in international sites and digitization
• By 2025 the specialty chemicals group will reduce its CO2 impact from production and energy procurement to zero worldwide
• Complete conversion to green electricity already in 2020
• Call for significant strengthening of renewable energies