|Role:||Head of Sales Plastics Additives Area II|
|Has been with the company since:||1996|
Please describe us your professional experiences up to today
After my chemical laboratory assistant apprenticeship at Bayer AG, I worked there in Central Research in the area of polymer-synthesis. I then studied Chemistry at the Lower Rhine University of Applied Sciences in Krefeld, with an emphasis in instrumental analysis. After that, I worked for Martinswerk GmbH, Bergheim, as an application engineer in the area of flame retardants for plastics.
I came to ALTANA in 1996, and since that time, have held several positions:
- Application Technology-Sales in the area of Electrical Insulation Systems, Rhenatech GmbH, Kempen
- Plant Manager, Rhenatech GmbH, Kempen
- Head of Application Technology, Secondary Insulations, Beck GmbH, Hamburg
- Manager Additives for Flexible Polyurethane Foams, BYK GmbH, Wesel
- Global Head of Marketing and Technical Service Plastics, ECKART GmbH, Güntersthal
- Enduse Manager Thermoplastics, BYK-Chemie GmbH, Wesel
How international is your current position?
I travel around the world, primarily within Europe, to the U.S. and China.
Which values are important for you?
The following are important: open communication, team-oriented work as well as being fair and respectful when interacting with colleagues, customers and partners in the market.
How would you rate ALTANA as an employer? What do you like in particular?
ALTANA offers an open corporate culture with a wide range of options for personal development and enhancement. I very much enjoy the comfortable interaction among the colleagues.
What are your goals for the future?
I would like to perform the tasks specified as part of the new position and discover new, innovative application opportunities for our products.