The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of more than 2.2 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ about 6,500 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
BYK Additives & Instruments is one of the world’s leading suppliers in the field of additives and measuring instruments. Around the world, the additives of BYK ensure that coatings and plastics obtain precisely the desired properties and the correct quality.
Your task structure
Your recipe for success
- Must be able to speak on phone
- Operate LAN based Personal Computer and business ERP system
- Employee will be required to pick 200-400 pails of liquid chemical in a day. Picking will be between 24 to 48 inches. Picking from 40-60# will be constant and 80# will be occasional
- Employee will be required to lift fuel tanks onto the forklifts weighing 75# to a height of 56 inches
- Employee will be required to manipulate controls and steering wheel of forklift
- Employee will be required to sit for greater than 50% of day on forklift
- Employee will be required to lift pails (40-80#) to 52 inches to load the tilt machine for sampling
- Employee will be required to turn crank constantly to tip the tilt machine
- Employee will be required to carry up to 40# of samples 20 feet
- Employee will be required to perform the following tasks frequently: overhead reaching, bending, squatting, and stair climbing
- Must remain clean shaven and be capable of wearing SCBA and other types of respirators
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Good math aptitude
- Read and write English
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction.
We invite you to get to know us better and to become part of our team. Discover your career plus in specialty chemistry. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs or to: email@example.com
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job number: US00405
Legal entity: BYK USA Inc.
Location: Wallingford, CT
Area of operations: Lager und Versand