The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of more than 2.2 billion euros, we are one of the world‘s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most proﬁtable chemical companies. We currently employ about 6,500 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
BYK Additives & Instruments is one of the world’s leading suppliers in the field of additives and measuring instruments. Around the world, the additives of BYK ensure that coatings and plastics obtain precisely the desired properties and the correct quality.
HR Operations Manager
Your task structure
HR Operations Manager ensures efficient service center operations, technology, and transaction processes to deliver agreed HR services. This will enable transactions to be processed timely and to be constantly reviewed, cost efficient and improved. He/she appropriately challenges the status quo; always looking to improve HR processes & systems with a strong focus on the employee experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as a subject matter expert in the areas of HR and other functions supported by Shared Services (i.e., payroll, benefits, recruiting, SuccessFactors software).
- Work closely with the Payroll Specialist, HR Generalist and/or Head of HR to gather HR Service Center usage metrics. Analyze trends and processes to drive change, increase efficiency, and reduce errors.
- Collaborate with HR Global Headquarters with regards to compensation topics and employee development strategies.
- Maintains the Employee Handbook. Implements new company policies in coordination with the HR Business Partner team.
- Assist with global immigration paperwork and HR audits to ensure compliance with division and company guidelines.
- Act as a backup for recruiting activities.
- Partner with Benefit Manager to implement benefit plans, manage compliance, and build provider relationships.
- Administer employee health and welfare benefits such as medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) and COBRA in accordance with legal guidelines, plan documents, and BYK USA benefits policies and procedures.
- Assist employees with questions regarding benefits, claims and policy interpretation.
- Liaison with pension actuary, pension attorneys, 401(k) plan provider, third party health claims administrator, insurance agent, Federal and State tax departments and BYK-Gardner payroll and personnel departments.
- Identify and work with external HR consultants and legal counsel on special projects, as needed.
- Act as a Payroll Specialist backup and able to prepare and distribute payrolls.
- Manage HR compliance activities, including but not limited to EEO/AA, required Federal/State/Local postings, payroll, and tax requirements, and prepares and files required reports (retirement plan, 401(k) plan data and reports including 5500 forms).
- Plan, assign and supervise the work of others. Coach and develop subordinates.
- Other duties/projects as assigned.
- Efficiently operate a PC and various software packages.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- The ability to independently research and resolve non-routine problems.
- Excellent planning, time management, communication, decision making, presentation, organization, and interpersonal skills.
Your recipe for success
- Bachelors degree in HR, business or accounting preferred. PHR certification preferred.
- 5+ years of professional HR experience (HR Shared Services or HR operations); comprehensive knowledge of general HR functions, processes, and procedures. At least 3 years of prior professional benefits administration and payroll work.
- Experience in an HRIS system, preferably ADP and SuccessFactors.
- Experience handling sensitive matters with tact and integrity and with a focus on the employee experience.
- Exudes a high attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to a fast pace changing environment and to approach challenges with creativity and resourcefulness.
- Initiative and self-direction; can apply knowledge and make sound judgment to effectively resolve issues.
- Knowledge of IRS and other governmental reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations pertaining to benefits programs and payroll.
- Strong analytic, problem solving, judgment and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to drive change.
- Ability to operate ADP, SuccessFactors and other software as required.
- Ability to investigate complaints and problems (medical/dental, payroll, etc.)
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction.
We invite you to get to know us better and to become part of our team. Discover your career plus in specialty chemistry. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs or to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job number: US00514
Legal entity: BYK USA Inc.
Location: Wallingford, CT
Area of operations: Personal